Battlefield SeriesThe First Person Shooter by Dice, Battlefield 1942, Battlefield Vietnam and Battlefield 2. | Posted by djshamrock on Jul 27th 05 06:58 AM
The award-winning Battlefield franchise
invades the high
tech frontlines of modern warfare in the new sequel, Battlefield 2™.
The game brings the intensity and excitement of Battlefield 1942™ into
the modern era with enhanced team play and the latest, most
technologically advanced vehicles and weapons systems available to man.
In Battlefield 2, players will choose to fight for one of three military superpowers
: the United States, the Chinese, or the newly formed Middle East Coalition. Armed with the latest modern weaponry
players can take control of any of the game’s 30+ vehicles to engage in
major conflicts with over 64 players in some of the largest online
battles on the PC. Additionally, persistent character growth
allows players to rise through the ranks and attain the ultimate rank of General.
An all-new game engine
and physics system brings the modern
battlefield to life like never before. The new material penetration
feature measures weapons’ ability to fire through barriers based on
their composition and players will need to know the difference between
concealment and cover in order to survive.
Battlefield 2 features immense, richly detailed, destructible environments
from city streets to remote forests, in some of the most notorious hot
spots around the world. Each map in Battlefield 2 adjusts in scale to
support the number of players in the world, providing the ideal vehicle- to-player ratio
and an optimized gameplay experience.
Enhanced team play
features allow players to enter the action on
the front lines as part of a formal squad, or work behind the scenes in
Commander Mode to direct the strategic assaults of their teammates.
Soldier kits now affect vehicles
that players utilize on the
battlefield. For instance, the medic kit can transform a vehicle into a
mobile aid station and the support kit can make helicopters into flying
- Online multiplayer action with up to 64 players on the PC.
- All-new gameplay engine brings the immense locations to life complete with realistic physics and dynamic lighting.
- Maps scale to the number of players engaging in battle for a unique and intense experience every time.
- Take control of over 30 land, sea, and air vehicles,
including tanks, helicopters, hovercraft, fast attack vehicles, and
- Choose to battle as U.S., Chinese, or Middle East Coalition troops, each with their own unique arsenals.
- A variety of soldier classes including Assault, Sniper,
Special Ops, Combat Engineer, Medic, Heavy Weapons, and Anti-Tank
- New state-of-the-art weapon systems, including wire-guided missiles and laser designated bombs.
- Material penetration feature makes sure players know the difference between cover and concealment.
- Character Persistence and Growth. With in-game success,
players increase their rank from recruit all the way to General and
unlock new weapons, medals, and more.
- Join a squad or select the new Commander Mode to assume the strategic role of a battlefield commander directing his forces.
- Voice over IP supported with headset.
- Windows XP (32-bit) with Admin rights
- 1.7 GHz Intel Celeron D / Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP/ Sempron or greater
- 512 MB of RAM or more
- 8x or faster CD/DVD drive
- 2.3 GB free hard drive space or more
- DirectX 9.0c compatible (see video)
- DirectX 9.0c compatible
Video card must have 128 MB or more memory and one of the following chipsets:
- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 or greater
- ATI Radeon 8500 or greater
Multiplayer requires 1 set of discs per PC and a
broadband (Cable, DSL, or a faster) connection.Internet or Network